Thursday, July 23, 2009

THIRTY!!!!

Here I am 30 years ago... with my Mom.

I have a new perspective on this photo now that I'm a Mom. I must be about Lilly's age in this shot. She has been a great Mom, I'd be proud to do half as good a job as her.

By the way, babies are such great snugglers! Makes me want another snuggler of my very own... NOT YET though! Don't go jumping to any conclusions now! I know I recently ate a whole box of shells and cheese for lunch, but that DOESN't mean I'm knocked up!


Here I am about ten... with the rest of the family.

Almost certainly the best hair of my life so far. Half my were dedicated to bangs... which were starting to curl more and more. Mom had straight hair and so we had NO IDEA what to do with these coils! Just look at that muff on my forehead. I was SUPER cute! Yeah right!

I was also probably getting into gymnastics here... That's basically how I spent the next decade. Upside-down. Someday I'll have to find a leotard picture to post... but not today :)

We weren't quite whole yet, BJ wasn't born. But these were good times. We lived in Bremen and had good friends. This was one of our best family vacations... relaxing at Sleeping Bear Dunes. Maybe in ten years we'll have a picture of Tim, Lilly and I there! I hope so!

Here I am at Twenty... with Hubby.

It's been TEN YEARS! Holy Moly. Where does the time go? We've been together for 1/3 of my life... That is just amazing to me.

When this picture was taken I was kind of a dope, just out of those classy teen years. I didn't know what I wanted to do for a career... didn't really trust myself very much... didn't make good choices in friends... let those 'friends' walk all over me... had STUNNING fashion sense... was sporting the freshmen 15...

mmm, I'd say I've improved with age.

One thing I DID know when this picture was taken was that the guy next to me was a keeper.

In the last ten years we've had our ups and downs. All of them made us better for each other. We needed to go through them to get to here.

Here I am at 30... with Hubby!


... and Lilly!


Still hanging out at the Cottage like in the last picture, but so much has changed! Wonder what the next decade will be like? What will I say about this picture in ten years? Who knows! But I'm sure it will be even better than today!

YEAH for THIRTY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment